As a response to COVID-19 we have introduced controls in school as follows:
We have active arrangements in place to monitor that the controls are:
- Working as planned
- Updated appropriately considering any issues identified and changes in public health advice
Essential measures include:
- A requirement that people who are ill stay at home
- Robust hand and respiratory hygiene
- Enhanced cleaning arrangements
- Active engagement public health teams
- A COVID-19 School Contingency Management Plan
We are reducing contacts in school by:
- grouping children together
- avoiding contact between groups
- arranging classrooms with forward facing desks
- staff maintaining distance from pupils and other staff as much as possible, and
- >11’s and staff wearing masks in shared communal areas
Our arrangements are grouped into ‘prevention’ and ‘response to infection’ measures as follows:
To prevent the spread of infection we will:
- Ensure staff and pupils who have tested positive for COVID-19 or have associated symptoms do not attend school in accordance with the latest government guidance.
- Ensure everyone cleans hands thoroughly and more often than usual.
- Ensure good respiratory hygiene by promoting the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach
- Instigate more and enhanced cleaning, including cleaning frequently touched surfaces often, using standard products such as detergents and bleach
- Where necessary, wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- All visitors are given advice about preventing the spread of COVID-19.
Response to any infection
Where an infection is suspected or confirmed we will:
- Make arrangements for any pupil or staff member showing any COVID-19 symptoms to return home.
- Manage confirmed cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) amongst the school community
- Monitor and analyse trends of COVID-19 cases and those showing symptoms
- Activate the COVID-19 School Contingency Management Plan and seek Public Health advice if appropriate