The Joyce Grenfell Programme, named after former pupil, actress and singer Joyce Grenfell, is our academic enrichment provision that provides students with the opportunity to grow as independent and creative thinkers.
The sixth form programme is an extension of our academic sixth form curriculum and allows students to gain additional qualifications outside of their A level subject choices.
Courses that may be offered include:
- EPQ (Extended project qualification)
- MOOC (Massive online open courses)
- TEFL (Teaching English as a foreign language)
- CISI financial services award
- Level 3 maths in context
- English Speaking Board: Advanced Certificate in Spoken English
- Sports coaching qualifications
It also provides higher education support, with an emphasis on preparing students for high-level university applications, as well as applications for Law and Medical Sciences.
In addition, the wider enrichment programme coordinates a series of internal and external academic competitions, guest lectures, workshops, trips and other opportunities for students throughout every year group.
The Joyce Grenfell Programme is designed to:
- Foster independent study, research and extended writing skills in preparation for university.
- Gain additional qualifications outside of A level subject choices
- Allow students to gain extra points towards their overall UCAS score
- Support the expectation from universities that students can demonstrate independent thinking, intellectual curiosity and an interest in the subject that they wish to study.