Work life at Claremont
Claremont Fan Court School is the educational home to over 1000 pupils across three schools, with approximately 240 staff on site.
We know from our staff and pupils, past and present, that Claremont is a special place. There’s a real community feel and a sense of an extended family. Goodness underpins our values.
With regular staff meetings, termly whole school meetings, a generous INSET budget, annual social events and a friendly staff room, those who join our team are welcomed with a warm, respectful and supportive environment to work in.
The academic year is 35 weeks inclusive of INSET and teaching staff contribute to co-curricular activities on offer both through the day and after school, as well as some Saturday mornings.
Professional standards are high and we are committed to providing opportunities for individuals to fulfil their potential. The school encourages professional development of staff, offering an annual programme of PGCE sponsorship as well as financial support and training opportunities for both teaching and support staff.
The school offers a strong induction programme for ECTs (early career teachers), with support provided during the first two years by an ECT mentor, line managers and dedicated ECT assessor and co-ordinator.
All academic staff are issued with laptops and excellent ICLT support is provided by our inhouse team.
Under the leadership of William Brierly, headmaster, there is a great ambition to unlock Claremont’s full potential. This growth and change will only be possible in part through the efforts, dedication and passion of our teaching and support staff. If you are interested in what we’re planning for the future, take a look at our future page here to find out more.
Claremont is an inclusive environment, not just within the pupils, but also within our community of valued staff members. Be it teachers or support staff, we are proud of the diversity that we have across all of our three schools.
If you wish to gain a better understanding of what our site is like, please click here to view our virtual 360 tour.
A happy, well-resourced school in an outstanding setting, now is an exciting time to join the team at Claremont Fan Court School.
We look forward to meeting you.
- Competitive salary for all roles
- Pension – for teaching staff we currently offer the Teachers Pension final salary scheme. For all support staff we offer a group pension plan with 12% employer contribution and 3% minimum employee contribution from the first day of employment
- 50% fee remission on school fees for children of staff (pro rata for part time staff, maximum two children)
- Training and development opportunities
- Laptops issued to academic staff
- Lunches during term time are provided at no cost by our caterers
- Complimentary tea and coffee available throughout the day
- Employee assistance programme (EAP) – a confidential, counselling service available to all staff
- Free parking onsite
- Reduced gym membership
- Ride to work scheme
- Annual flu vaccination programme
- Access to numerous library subscriptions
- Excellent discipline and support systems help ensure successful teaching and learning
The school is located just outside Esher in Surrey and is easily accessible from the A3, M3 and M25 with ample free staff parking. The nearest train station is Claygate which is a 25-minute walk, with local bus services also available.
Esher and its neighbouring towns offer easy access to both central London and the stunning Surrey countryside, offering a feeling of space whilst being only a stone’s throw from London and all the facilities a capital city has to offer.
The local area has a mix of leisure activities available. Both the historic palace at Hampton Court and the beautiful gardens at RHS Wisley are nearby, as well as Sandown Racecourse. There are many arts venues (theatres, cinemas, live music) and sports clubs in the surrounding area and for cyclists there is access to some of the finest roads used for the road cycle races at the 2012 Olympic Games.
Property prices tend to be high locally but there are affordable options a little further out, and many staff choose to live slightly further afield.