The Claremont girls U18A lacrosse team hosted Benenden on 18 November. It was a well contested 10-8 win.



On Wednesday, the u12 team went to the Priors field invitational gymnastics competition.  Isla B., Sylvie T., and Ellie W. performed excellently across floor and vault with hardly any mistakes. The gymnasts should be very proud of themselves and their accomplishments. Congratulations to Ellie W. who placed 1st on floor and 3rd in vault.

Rugby Festival at St. Johns – Leatherhead

U13 A

The first match was a tough one against Ashcombe, Machrie getting only his second A team start scored an early pick and go try, Hector F. scored a late try following a magnificent kick chase. The standard for the afternoon had been set. The second match against Glyn was a closer match, Giles H. opened the scoring with the first of his 6 tries of the afternoon, Glyn quickly equalised, Lucas R. worked hard to regain the lead, late in the match Glyn scored a great try to end the match tied. This would be the only match Claremont would concede tries in. St Andrews and Hinchley Wood were good matches, but Claremont’s speed, size and burgeoning confidence resulted in both matches being won by 6 tries to none. The final match against St John’s first team started as a close contest until James S. raced around the outside to score the opening try. Claremont found another gear to score 5 against the hosts, James S. getting 3 of them and Harry S. scoring his first try for the A team.

The team played some very well organised attacking rugby, whilst remaining strong in defence, a testimony of how we the team played came from former England and London Irish winger Topsy Ojo who made a point of coming over to congratulate the boys and tell them how much he had enjoyed watching them play. Congratulations to; Edward C., Nathaniel R., Machrie R., Hector F., James S., Giles H. (c), Micah W., Eden M., Lucas R., Jamie C., Archie W., Oscar I., Patrick H., Henry W., and Harry S.

U13 B

Four fast, frenetic, free pass filled fourteen-minute Festival frolics. Claremont B team started swiftly but faded, as the non-stop tournament, played across the largest (football) pitch these boys will have ever played on, took its toll.

Glynn were beaten in the opening game, Charlie M. showing all a clean pair of heels twice to seize the result 2-1. Glyn would return in the third game to avenge their loss, Claremont succumbing to a 1-4 loss. The final game was shortened in the gathering gloom, Ashcombe doing more than enough to see off some tiring Claremont cover. Game 2 against St John’s was a frantic free for all, the hosts proving more adept at the breakdown, forcing a succession of turnovers.

A fun afternoon for these young men, still learning the game. Theo R. scored a couple of good tries, finishing off flowing passing. Too often the ball was lost in contact or thrown away too optimistically. Tackling remains a challenge for many, but some erratic moments apart, the passing was precise, the commitment commendable.

Well done to all the boys and a special mention to our referee, Mr Isberg allowing the teams to play whenever possible, although to be fair, the lads were a little bemused by his haka….